Submit an Article or Become a Columnist
Are you looking to contribute to Helpful Mechanic?
- Do you or your business focus on the automotive industry and / or trends?
- Are you looking to share your automotive insight and gain exposure?
- Do you feel you can improve the automotive industry for the better, educating others and sharing your knowledge?
We are always on the lookout for inspired writers who enjoy writing about automotive tips and trnds
Benefits of contributing to Helpful Mechanic
- Your articles will receive broad exposure, promoted to more than 35,000 friends on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Stumbleup and LinkedIn combined. Helpful Mechanic receives more than 50,000 page views per month.
- The Helpful Mechanic community is highly responsive through comments on the site and the social networking pages, creating a rewarding experience all around.
- We encourage writers to submit a bio with a photo with themselves. Most contributors note that featuring their writing on Helpful Mechanic increases traffic to their website, help branding and business growth.
Writing Guidelines for Helpful Mechanic – It is About Quality
If you would like to submit an article to be published on Helpful Mechanic follow the instructions below for consideration. Only articles that meet these criteria will be considered for publishing.
- IMPORTANT – All articles submitted must include original content and may not contain text previously published word for word elsewhere online. In other words, original content means that your article may not have been published anywhere, including your own blog, and does not verbatim incorporate any sections taken from previously published articles. Any form of duplicate content will not be tolerated. For this reason Helpful Mechanic does not publish press releases.
- The article must contain useful relevant content to engage the readers of Helpful Mechanic Material readers will find useful include offering practical information that will help readers address similar challenges such as automotive buying trends, automotive maintenance tips and automotive industry news. To get a better sense for the type of articles that are published, take a look through some of the past articles published on HelpfulMechanic.com
- The article must be written in American English, between 600 to 3700 words, grammatically correct, and well-written.
- The article must not include affiliate links.
- Reserve self promotion to your bio unless the article focus is on a business, an event, a course, or a workshop.
- The article may include one direct link to your website in the last paragraph or the brief author’s bio; which will be published at the end of the article. Please note that links in the articles and bios may be subject to deletion or made to be a nofollow link with our discretion and under the following circumstances:
– Too many links within the article
– Links which are not following Google guidelines
– Affiliate links
– Links that are not appropriate to the subject matters.
To discuss article ideas or becoming a columnist please email
Joanna Jana Laznicka firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Submit Your Articles
- Send your article in Microsoft Word Document to email@example.com
- If this is your first time submitting an article to Helpful Mechanic include a bio, 60 words or less, at the bottom of the post and a color photo (head shot) of yourself as an attachment.
- Send all images as a jpeg email attachment.
We will do our best to respond to everyone who submits an article. Please take note that it may take up to two weeks to receive an initial response. Articles may be sent back with questions/comments to expand on parts, and we may edit/change the title or content before publishing on Helpful Mechanic.